WHY LAB MEDICINE MATTERS AT ASHLEY COUNTY MEDICAL CENTER(ACMC)
Over 70% of patient treatment decisions are guided by laboratory test results. Information is the primary product of the clinical laboratory.
At ACMC Lab, we understand what’s important; patient longevity and timely high quality testing to help aid in improved patient care. Getting the best healthcare treatment requires a good diagnosis; and lab tests play an important role in the upfront diagnostic work. That’s why ACMC lab service is open 24 hours a day, 7 days of the week to help meet healthcare needs. We are a COLA and CLIA governmental accredited laboratory under the direction of a board licensed pathologist; which gives you the added assurance that ACMC Lab is following strict standards for quality, accuracy, technical process, and safety.
- Hematology / Coagulation
- Chemistry/Therapeutic Drug Monitoring/Special Chemistry
- Transfusion Services
- Urine Toxicology
REFERENCE LAB SERVICES:
- Arkansas Pathology Associates (Little Rock, Arkansas)
- Specialize in cytology, histology, surgical pathology, flow cytometry
- St. Vincient Hospital (Little Rock, Arkansas) in association with Ark. Path. Associates
- Lifeshare Blood Cneter (Monroe & Shreveport, Louisiana)
- Supplies blood and blood components such as, packed red blood cells, platelets, fresh frozen plasma, and other blood components
- Offer scheduled blood drives in the area and surrounding areas
- Contact telephone numbers:
Monroe, LA: 1-800-256-4445
El Dorado, AR: 1-870-864-8154
- LabCorp of America
- expertise in esoteric testing, genomics, clinical, and anatomic pathology
ACMC AS A COLLECTION SITE:
- LabCorp Of America: insurance specific patients for clinical tests
- Lab One: insurance specific patients for clinical tests and drug screens
- DNA collections for: Genetic Profiles, DNA Diagnostics, Fair Fax, Orchid, and Absolute DNA
- Drug screen collections for: various employers
- Bone marrow donor collection
ACMC LABORATORY HORIZONS:
- Biomerieux Vitek 2 Compact Microbiology Instrument
Antimicrobial resistance is threatening to significantly reduce the available arsenal of antimicrobials. As a microbiologist, you play a crucial role in providing information that leads to improved therapeutic success and patient outcome, a difficult task given the rise in antimicrobial resistance. Helping the clinician select the best treatment fast based on the right identification and resistance information is crucial. With Vitek 2 Compact, you can accomplish all this in less time and still focus on those tough tasks requiring a microbiologist specialized skills. This highly automated system can also provide same-day identification and antibiotic susceptibility results.
- Sysmex XT-4000i Hematology Instrument
This platform is designed to be reliable and efficient to help meet and exceed expectations. It also streamlines your workflow by providing testing for up to 100 samples per hour on whole blood. With the demanding need of stat turnaround times for clinicians, the XT-4000i is suitable for its ability to perform automated body fluid and reticulocyte counts. With its sophisticated technology, the XT-4000i helps to: reduce false positive and false negative rates, obtain result consistency by reducing tech-to-tech variation, improve accuracy of very low and high platelet counts, and eliminate interferences.
- Siemens Dimension RxL Max Chemistry Instrument
This clinical chemistry is an intergrated system that has given us the ability to consolidate our chemistry testing menu onto one platform. It has help to reduced our load of preventive maintenance. The RxL has the ability to measure a variety of analytes including enzyme, kidney, heart, electrolyte, thyroid, prostate, liver, and pancreatic activities in body fluids. It also can monitor diabetes, performs cholesterol testing, and many other test. .