Ashley County Medical Center is proud to provide exceptional obstetrical and neonatal services in a caring and friendly atmosphere. Our staff are dedicated to ensuring that our patients receive the highest standard of obstetrical and neonatal care in the area. We are committed to continuing education and staying abreast of all the latest advancements in technology so that we can provide better service.
Our labor & delivery department is located on the second floor, and is a locked unit. This ensures that our patients benefit from a high level of security. Additionally, we installed a state-of-the-art monitoring system for our OB patients. This has already enhanced the exceptional care we are able to provide.
The department benefits from decades of experience shared by our two physicians, Dr. Ira Murphy and Dr. Kara Worley. Patients of theirs are sure to receive high-quality care and personalized services.
Some services offered through our Labor & Delivery Department include:
- Labor and delivery/nursery: Labor and delivery may be the most strenuous process a woman will ever face. With the assistance of our staff, we can help you through it safely and hopefully with as little stress as possible. We also have a nursery for the first stages of your newborn’s care.
- Nursery Alliance: Ashley County Medical Center is a proud partner of the Arkansas Children’s Hospital (ACH) Nursery Alliance. Because Arkansas Children’s Hospital (ACH) has the only Arkansas Department of Health-designated Level IV Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) in the state, ACH created the Arkansas Children’s Hospital Nursery Alliance to support newborn nurseries around the state so that more babies can receive expert specialty care close to home in the hospitals where they are born.
- Breastfeeding: A first-time mother may be understandably intimidated by the concept of breastfeeding her newborn child. We provide information regarding the benefits of breastfeeding, as well as guidance as to do it. We have two certified lactation counselors.
- Car seat safety: Every mother and father will have concerns about how to properly seat their child in their car. You can learn about car seat safety with the help of our team, as well as useful third-party resources.
- Safety Baby Shower: Safety Baby Showers are held quarterly and are part of Arkansas Child Injury Prevention. These showers are set up like any other baby shower with decorations, cake, punch and games where guests will learn more about car seat safety, burn prevention, preventing falls, preventing shaken baby syndrome, sudden infant death prevention and more. Door prizes that pertain to infant safety are awarded to guests.
Certified Lactation Counselor on Staff - Laci Luellen, RN, CLC
Cuddles Infant Protection System is a banding system the will allow ACMC to enhance security and minimize the risk for newborn abductions. ACMC OB/Nursery units are locked units with camera security. The banding provides an extra layer of security that allows peace of mind for staff and parents. Cuddles works by placing a light weight adjustable band around the wrist or ankle of a newborn. The bands are snug but comfortable and stretchable, ensuring they won’t fall off or hurt the skin. Nurses can monitor the location and movement of each baby and if there is an attempt to remove the band, an alarm immediately sounds. Cuddles system allows our staff to put their focus on mom and baby while providing a higher quality of infant protection.
In each and every one of our services, our goal is to treat you like family. This means that you receive care from people who are genuinely invested in your health and want the best for you and your loved ones.
For more information about our OB/GYN services, call Ashley County Medical Center at 870.364.3800 today!