Advanced Treatment from Ashley County Medical Center
The Cardiopulmonary Services Department at Ashley County Medical Center is staffed with skilled respiratory therapists who are all ACLS, PALS, NRP and BLS certified. The staff is trained to work with inpatients, outpatients, critical care and emergency situations.
As members of our skilled health care team, our respiratory therapists provide care for patients struggling with lung and / or heart conditions. They are able to provide critical care, neonatal procedures, and intensive care for our patients. Respiratory therapists perform intensive care, critical care, and neonatal procedures. They also are a vital part of the hospital’s lifesaving Code Blue team that is responsible to help handle patients’ emergencies. Respiratory therapists perform diagnostic procedures to identify or monitor respiratory problems, and they help treat those problems.
EEG – 1200A
- Adult seizure detection and review.
- Cerebral Death
- EEG central monitoring.
- High velocity therapy helps you rethink the traditional approach to ventilatory support with patient comfort in mind.
- Patients can eat, drink, talk, and take oral medications while receiving ventilatory and oxygenation support
- Vapotherm high velocity therapy is clinically indicated for respiratory distress caused by: COPD, CHF,dyspnea, pneumonia, prolonged, mechanical ventilation, COVID 19
RAPID POINT 500e
BLOOD GAS MACHINE
- Helps reduce time to diagnosis and treatment with robust accuracy from sample to sample
- Provides latest defenses to guard confidential patient data coupled with leading built-in technology to protect your institution from external cybersecurity threats
- WINDOWS 10 operating system with McAfee embedded anti-malware to block unknown and unauthorized programs from running
- Two-step authentication process, encrypted password requirement for patient data transfer, and firewall to block hacking attempts
Drager Evita Infinity V500 Ventilator
The Drager Evita Infinity V500 Ventilator is a highly advanced ventilation unit for use in modern, acute care respiratory support for adult, pediatric and infant use. Delivering
high-performance ventilation capabilities, comprehensive monitoring and effective treatment.
- Breath by breath recruitment trends (PEEP, EIP, VT, Cdyn)
- Set up for neonatal ventilation (smallest tidal volume: 2 ml)
- Non-invasive ventilation in all modes and all patient categories
- O2-Therapy allows flow constant oxygen application
- Full record of all patient data, alarms and trends
Diagnosis & Treatment of Respiratory Issues
Diagnostic techniques include obtaining and analyzing blood samples. The therapist takes blood samples and analyzes them to define levels of oxygen, carbon dioxide, and other gases. The therapist also might measure the lung capacity of a patient to rule out possible impairment of functions.
Our department is 24/7 and offers the following:
- Bronchodilator therapy
- Oxygen therapy
- Non-invasive ( CPAP/ BiPAP ) and invasive ( mechanical ) ventilation management
- Arterial blood gas analysis
- Trach Care
- Graded cardiac exercise stress test and nuclear testing
- Holter Monitoring (up to 14 day Heart Monitor)
- Event Monitoring (30-day Heart Monitor)
- Electrocardiograms ( EKGs )
- Electrocephalograms ( EEGs )
- Pulse Oximetry Study
- Pulmonary Function Testing
- High Flow Oxygen Therapy
Treatment responsibilities for a respiratory therapist include operating various types of equipment to assist with breathing or to administer oxygen. The therapist also administers medication to help lessen breathing problems and avoid respiratory infections.