ACMC Wellness Center to have Soft Opening, May 4th
- Category: News
- Posted On:
Following guidance from the Arkansas Department of Health, the ACMC Wellness Center will be conducting a soft opening on Monday, May 4th. During the soft opening only Ashley County residents and Ashley County Medical Center employees will be allowed access to the Wellness Center. There will be no classes for the first week, but we hope to start offering them soon. Below are precautions we will be taking to help keep our staff and participants safe.
Screening must be completed on entry for all staff and participants. Those who have any of the following characteristics should NOT be allowed to enter:
- Have returned from travel to NY, NJ, CT, New Orleans or overseas within the last 14 days;
- Have not traveled by airplane in the last 14 days;
- Have had a fever of 100.4°F or greater in the last 2 days;
- Have a cough, difficulty breathing, sore throat, or loss of taste or smell;
- Had contact with a person known to be infected with COVID-19 within the previous 14 days;
- Have compromised immune systems and/or have chronic diseases.
- Staff should wear a face covering or mask at all times.
- Patrons should wear a face covering except when actively exercising.
- Showers will be closed at this time.
- Locker rooms are to be used only for storage of personal items. Maintain physical distancing while in locker rooms.
- Hand sanitizer is available throughout the facility.
- In conjunction with ACMC Wellness Center employees, participants will wipe down exercise machines or equipment before and after each use with disposable disinfectant wipes, Lysol or the equivalent; use according to product instructions.
- Maintain proper spacing from others by working out with 12 feet between each person. Some machines are closed in an effort to maintain proper spacing. If a machine is closed, do not attempt to use.
- Avoid personal contact at all times, including hand shaking.
- Individual training sessions, indoor group fitness classes, and workouts requiring a partner must maintain 12 foot spacing between each person at this time.
- In an effort to limit the number of people in the gym and excessive time, we may ask you to come back at another time.
- If there is an increase in the number of COVID-19 cases in the county, we may close the gym again.